Faculty of Financial Accounting and Financial Management, Direct and Indirect taxation
Educational Qualification: He is the Gold Medalist Chartered Accountant (CA) and Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) with consistent superlative academic and industry experience coupled with first hand entrepreneurial venture to his credit.
Brief: During post qualification journey, he gained extensive exposure to fundamental of 5 pillars of Finance Domain i.e. Financial Reporting, Financial Planning and Analysis, Internal and Statutory Audit, Taxation and Treasury. A brief about different positions handled by him in different industries:
- Presently he is working in Treasury department of a reputed Telecom Company leading the activity of establishing Cash Management System (CMS) across India - partnering with bankers, third party service providers enabling easy, simple and convenient payment/collection modes for vendors/customers. He also manages working capital, trade finances, cash flow projections, banking relationship and foreign exchange hedging one of its Divisions.
- He was part of Petrochemicals Segment CFO Team for Reliance Industries Ltd, leading special projects and simultaneously working on key routine activities.
- He was part of elite and prestigious Accelerated Leadership Program (ALP) with Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL), India’s largest private sector conglomerate.
- He worked for Mondelēz International (known by its brand name Cadbury in India) as a ‘Head - Direct Tax (Domestic and International) handling Key Direct Tax Activities for Kraft Foods Ltd and its affiliated entities.
- He worked with Tata Motors Finance Ltd and Tata Chemicals Ltd during his association with Tata Group on the following areas;
- Overall Direct Tax compliance viz:- Income Tax Returns, Wealth Tax Returns, AIR, Advance Tax, TDS returns and related compliance
- Tax Accounting
- Handling and completing Tax Audit, Transfer Pricing Audit, Transfer Pricing Study Reports
- International Taxation issues such as certification, restructuring and overall impact analysis
- Process documentations related to direct tax TDS and Advance Tax, Understanding TDS on Salary
- Representing before the Income Tax Authorities such as Commissioner of Income Tax (Appeals), independently drafting the submissions to be filed
- Advisory services in connection with various aspects of Direct Tax
- Suggestions and Improvements in Indirect Tax processes
- For Sharp and Tannan : Tax Advisory and consultancy, Tax representation before Appellate Authorities, Tax Returns and Transfer Pricing Advisory along with International Taxation Consultancy
- Hindustan Lever Limited : Worked as a Business leadership trainee with in the Accounts team specially for consolidation of Corporate Accounts
Rewards / Recognitions: Brief about his rewards and recognitions:
- CA Examinations: Gold Medalist at ALL 3 levels of CA Exams
CA FINAL - ALL INDIA FIRST RANK
CA PE II - ALL INDIA FIRST RANK
CA PE I - ALL INDIA FIRST RANK
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA), - He secured All India 4th Rank and Globally 12th Rank in Professional Gateway Exam
- University Level: He secured 9th Rank for the TY B.Com exams of Mumbai University and secured 6th Rank in HSC in Mumbai University
Expertise: His specialised subjects are Financial Accounting and Financial Management, Direct and Indirect taxation.